About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Fun

My weekend started off by going to a sweet friend's wedding Friday night. Lauren was gorgeous. Too bad I forgot to actually take a picture of her instead of just the front of Hillwood!




It was great to see a couple of old friends and catch up.

Saturday morning came bright and early as I went and ran in a 5k for LeBonheur. It was held over by First Evan... the course was fun and the weather couldn't have been any better! Here's me and allie before....




...and here we are 34 minutes later.



I know, I know I am a slow runner... I'm working on it! We're preparing for our "graduation 5k" that will be held in a couple of weeks. We heard about this and thought why not!


I spent the rest of the morning laying by the pool. I can't remember the last time I had that kind of opportunity. It was wonderful. D had to mow his parents house so I thought I'd join him there and relax while he worked. :)

Later that afternoon we met up with a student and went to Jerry's... I found a great combo for all of you Jerry's fans.... raspberry and pineapple. Delicious!



Before we knew it, it time to head to Somerville for our softball games. These guys games are crazy! The teams out there take softball way to seriously. It's hilarious to watch... great, free entertainment if you're bored one Saturday night. The games were behind so his 9:00 ballgame became a 10:00 one. So we finally left the ball fields at 11:30p.m.! You can imagine how fun it was to try and get up Sunday morning.

I was only able to attend our youth small group time.... d speaks and then we break up into small groups: our version of SS school. Then I had to head to Macon Road's church service where they recognize all the staff. Back in the day if you taught at MRBS you had to attend church there. Now we are only "made" to attend one Sunday a year and that's Back to School Sunday which was yesterday. It's always fun to get to see my friends who work at the other campuses as well as see some of my students who also were invited. The only problem is the service is normally long and we had to head to MS to eat at grandmomma's for lunch...

You know what that means don't you?

Weight Watchers what??!!!

Yea, you can forget about counting points when you eat at grandmomma's. The food is too good to say no and you want seconds anyway so you might as well call it a lost cause. I had more food than I'd care to admit. But I was one happy girl and slept all the way home.... I even got to snuggle with this little guy for a little bit.



Is it just me or does it seem that you blink on Friday and before you know it it's Sunday night? Ready or not...hello new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment