About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Hi, My name is Martha

I love blogging, but I've gotten really bad at it. Before kids, I blogged weekly if not daily. Looking back, some blogs were really dumb and pointless. I'm terribly sorry for making you read dumb stuff. I never understood why my momma friends were infrequent bloggers. You stay at home. You've got time. Then I had kids. At first, I thought I could do it all. Then I realized, there wasn't a need to blog daily or even weekly so monthly twin updates and an occasional "what I've been learning" post would show up on here. 

This season of life with 2 year olds, though its not always easy, has proven to be my favorite so far. They're pretty independent, great conversationalists (especially if you enjoy answering the question why? a million times day!) and their laid back personalities make going and doing things easier and more fun than I anticipated.

With that said, I tend to make things harder than they need to be. God has given me a sweet season of life and of course I try and make it as difficult as possible. I'm naturally lazy, but I'm a people pleaser. So at times, I have a hard time saying no... which means I tend to overcommit especially now in this season where its easier to go and do with the boys.

I love ministry. I love friends. I love play dates. I love date nights. I love extended family time. So..... I find myself trying to weekly/monthly make all of this happen. These are all great things. Healthy things. But I'm stressing myself out trying to make all this happen.

I read this morning in Luke 10:41-42: "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details. There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her."

I am Martha. Rushing, scheduling, trying to do it all and be all things to all people. This morning I heard... "Candace, you can't do it all. Stop trying. Stop rushing. Enjoy Me. Rest in Me. I will work out the details."

I have been so concerned with trying to make everything happen that I've missed it. I know I need to surrender my life daily to Him, but this morning I was reminded I not only need to surrender my life to Him daily but my schedule/calendar as well. He will work out the details. He will give me the wisdom to know when to say yes or when to say no. If and when to schedule that play date.... if only I will surrender all of me... that includes my schedule/calendar.

So learn from my mistakes. Don't be Martha and miss the most important thing. Let's strive to be Mary and daily enjoy our Savior and allow him to control our schedule/calendars.

No comments:

Post a Comment