About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Twin Update

After our last hospital visit, we got sent home and set up with a contraction monitor for me to use twice a day that allows the data to be sent to a 24 hour monitoring system. On Monday, my data showed I had 4 contractions. The nurse called and asked me to remonitor because they don't want me having that many in an hour. After remonitoring, the nurse called and said I had 6 that time around. She called and consulted with my dr. and they agreed I needed to go to the hospital to be checked out. As we were about to pull into Baptist, we got a phone call stating that Baptist's nicu was on diversion and in case the babies needed to come it was imperative that we go to Methodist Germantown. Even though my insurance is for baptist because it was out of our control, my insurance would see it as in network and cover it... thankfully.

After getting hooked up to the monitors at Methodist Germantown, it was confirmed that I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes. They tried giving me rapid release meds... fail. So the next best option was the dreaded magnesium drip. I heard it was brutal but if it was what needed to be done of course I was willing. It indeed was not fun. It is a muscle relaxer so it felt like I had the flu or recovering from... I was super weak and even my eyes felt relaxed like I was crosseyed. It also made me really hot... thankfully just my face and a cold rag helped that. While on the mag drip, I was not allowed to eat or drink anything other than ice chips... which is hard when it also makes you super thirsty/dry mouthed. In the middle of the night Monday night, I got desperate and drank the melted ice. Then soon after saw the reason why they don't let you eat or drink. I sat up and said, D, I think I'm going to be sick. He was dead asleep in the chair beside me. Although he jumped up quickly and slightly tripped over the blankets at his feet just in time to grab a garbage can in which I projectile vomited into and on him. :) 

After 52 hours on the mag drip, I was taken off. Thankfully it has proven to be effective. I got moved to Baptist where I am currently being monitored and so far the babies are still perfect and I've had hardly any contractions. The doctors are optimistic that I can carry these babies a while longer although we know anything can happen at any point.

Thank you all for your love, support, and encouragement.... but mostly for your prayers. We know  God created these precious boys and is more than capable to sustain them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment