About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Heart Like His

While on bed rest, a sweet friend gave me this book to read by Beth Moore. I love Beth and the life of David so I knew it would be a great read. Unfortunately it has gotten put down and then picked back up many times and I've yet to finish it. Recently though, I have picked it back up determined to see it completed!

The life of David has so many lessons to teach us. The chapter I read today focused on David's battles. Like David, we too have our own battles. Regardless of the cause, He sees us where we are. I love this reminder from Psalm 10:

14 "But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
    you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
    you are the helper of the fatherless.
15 Break the arm of the wicked man;
    call the evildoer to account for his wickedness
    that would not otherwise be found out.

16 The Lord is King for ever and ever;
    the nations will perish from his land.
17 You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
    so that mere earthly mortals
    will never again strike terror."


Beth reminds us too "God has not forgotten. He has seen your battles. He has gathered your tears and blotted your brow. He knows those who have treated you unfairly. He knows when you're almost ready to give up or give in. Keep telling Him. Stay in his word. Keep claiming his promises."

No comments:

Post a Comment