About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

sunshine, poop, and a thief

Today was our zoo day! I was certain that I awoke to rain this morning, but once I got up and looked out the window there was no rain. In fact, the sun was shining! Thank you, Jesus! I had no idea what we were going to do with our children if it was pouring down rain. We had a countdown chain preparing us for this day. (I had to come up with something. I was tired of being asked everyday if it was our zoo day!) If the weather had been bad we would have just had to reschedule. Complete devastation would have washed over their faces along with what would probably turn into some form of tantrum. Thank you Jesus for the sunshine! So instead of being a wet mess because of the rain, we were a wet mess because of the sun. :)

Our morning at school began quickly and chaotically with the excitement of the day. As we were waiting our turn to load the bus, I asked each child which animal they were looking forward to seeing today. Of course I heard the usual: elephants, lions, zebras.... then it came time for one of my boys to answer. Thinking I would hear some sort of normal response.... oh no.... he responded, "I'm looking forward to seeing the poop!" Holding my laughter in as best as I could, I responded with some typical christian school teacher answer.... "Well, God designed animals to poop, too. So yes, we probably will see some poop." And of course we did and all my children were quick to point it out.

You'd think I would be out of ridiculous stories, but they never cease to amaze me. We had decided to meet back at the front fountain at 11:30 to load the buses. As I approach the fountain with my crew I look over to see one of my boys (which thankfully walked around with another mom) elbow deep in the fountain taking money out of it! Yes, I teach at a christian school. This is proof that even christian school kids do bad things. Who would have thought I had a 4 yr. old thief!

3 comments:

  1. One of our first trips to the Memphis Zoo, 5 years ago, we witnessed the Hippos poop in their water!! Gross!! But to this day, every time we go see the hippos, the story is told!

    BOYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to know what riley did at the zoo. "mrs jerkins...blahmfpfh(weird hand motions)..look im dancing!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there wasn't anything terribly funny but some things were def. interesting. After we had our picnic lunch,us girls took a bathroom break. It was my little girls and daddys so I of course took them. She was certain that she did not need to go but clearly doing a potty dance. I finally dragged her in the bathroom and told her I'd race her to see who could go to the bathroom the quickest. Being the little competitive thing that she is, she ran into the stall and did her business quicker than I'd ever seen her. Then when it was time for us to load the bus she did throw an absolute fit when her daddy told her that she was going with him and not me.

    ReplyDelete