About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 30, 2009

hopefully a home and a kimono dragon

Today we are meeting with our real estate agent to sign more papers on our house. Yes, that's right the little Jerkins are growing up and becoming homeowners. I will definitely miss our seminary housing apartment though. It was our first "home" of course, but I'm looking forward to having a place of our own, a yard, no one stomping above us, and no kids waking us up at 7:30 on a Saturday b/c their secret fort happens to be outside our window. Oh the joys of apartment living!

Now I don't want to get too carried away because things can always happen and this could fall through. I doubt it at this point, but it could. So until we're moved in, I won't consider it official. Oh how I do love this house though! We walked in and I was blown away that every room is freshly painted in colors that I would have chosen! It has granite counter tops that I teased Daniel that I had to have. Not to mention that the set up of the house is ideal and in a cove. And the house is perfectly located between our families and church/work. It will take me 2 minutes to get to work and 10 for D. After looking at what seemed like 10,000 houses, we walked into this one and knew we'd found our home. I know Mrs. Andrea (our real estate agent and long time family friend) was thrilled as well because Daniel and I are quite picky. Our closing is scheduled for May 15th. I will post some pictures once we become more official.

Of course I can not go a whole blog without mentioning a funny story from one of my students. Yesterday while at the zoo one of my little girls, who was my buddy for the day, kept telling me she wanted to see the "dinosaur lizard." Having no idea what she was talking about, I kind of blew it off thinking it would be a weird lizard in the reptile house. Having thought she found it while in there, it was never brought up again.... until this morning. She comes in first thing this morning with a printed off picture of her "dinosaur lizard" which her dad proceeds to tell me is the kimono dragon. I had no idea the zoo even had kimono dragons nor did I have a clue what they looked like! Am I weird for not having seen this before? She was quick to explain to me that they were by the hippos. This would have been nice to have known yesterday.


*After researching this creature, I have found it to be called kimono or komodo dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment