About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 30, 2009

recovery

When I heard about the idea of surgery, I knew it meant I was going to be out of pocket for awhile b/c when it comes to pain I'm a pretty big wimp. To my surprise, there was really no pain in my recovery. I was uncomfortable at times but it was nothing a little pain pill or ice couldn't cure. The worse part of the whole experience was when the nurse ripped the tape off! A friend of ours had this surgery a year ago so I had spoken with him to get more details. To my dismay, he made the experience sound less than thrilling. I texted him the other day to inform him that in fact must be a "weiner" b/c my experience had been a piece of cake. (In his defense, his roommate was his caretaker and I had D and mom on hand.) For those of you who can handle it, here are some pictures of my shoulder that D took today when they took my bandages off.


Front/ Back

The doctor was very pleased and removed the stitches. I am still in a huge sling for a couple more weeks. The best news of the day came when we asked about our trip to the lake next week. I expected him to frown on the idea of me in the boat. He gave me the go ahead though!... as long as the water wasn't real rough. When I jokingly asked him about wake boarding he just laughed at me.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear it! Maybe surgeries are improving every year, b/c i heard ACL was a beast, but I found my results to be the same as yours...piece of cake! So glad things are going well! And have fun at the lake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. either that or we had great doctors!

    ReplyDelete