About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, December 11, 2009

lately...

Dear Christmas break,

Please hurry and come before all my teachers quit.

P.S. Please allow me to have some relaxing, quiet, down time so I don't quit. Thanks.


Yes, from the comments above life at school has been crazy. Our children know that Christmas is quickly approaching and for some reason that means they have to talk 3x's louder and 5x's more. The excitement is definitely in the air. I love this time of year no matter how crazy my kids are. Don't get me wrong... I'm exhausted.

I grew up with family Christmas traditions. My favorite ones were putting the Christmas stuff up together and pajama rides. These pajama rides consisted of pajamas, cuddly blankets and hot chocolate.

Another favorite Christmas tradition is the Singing Christmas Tree at Bellevue. For years, D and I were apart of it. What great memories! Last night we went and sat in on the dress rehearsal. (it starts tonight and runs for the next few days) Our niece, Hallie, was baby Jesus last night and then will be for both performances on Saturday. Sitting there watching it made me miss the days when we were the ones up there dancing around and running around back stage... oh such good times... however, it has come a long way since our tree days! You need to make plans to go see it. Some performances are sold out so call 347-2000 and find out what they have available. It is definitely worth seeing. It is excellent. Kids of all ages will love it!


What are some of your favorite family traditions?





P.S. Don't forget mom and I are having our Gold Party this Monday, Dec. 14th at 6:30 p.m. at my house. Dig through your jewelry boxes (or your mom's, grandma's, etc.) and bring any gold, silver or platinum jewelry and trade it for spending money! If you're not sure bring it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment