About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

Sunday was Father's Day. I realize that most years I have mentioned something about our mom's for mother's day, but never have written anything about our dads. If I have never mentioned before, we are so blessed to have such great parents that even now are still our biggest prayer warriors and fans.

Mike Burbee and John Jerkins are two of the greatest men I've ever known. They both possess such strength, faith and integrity. They work harder than most and never complain. They love their family more than things and make sure we always know they love us and support us.

Mike set the standard for the guys kc and I would date and marry. We knew because of his work ethic, the way he loved us and our mom that we couldn't settle for just any guy. He was always available, always coaching us, and making sure we knew we were beautiful and loved. We have never had to doubt his love for us. I am so thankful to have a dad like him.

I can't help but love John Jerkins because I married the younger version of him. D's people skills, love for the Lord, and even his mannerisms are just like his dads. I know D is the man he is because of his dad's strong influence in his life. His dad was his best man in our wedding and even today is his male confidant. I am so thankful to Papa John for raising such an amazing guy that I am so thankful today to call mine.

Daddy and Papa John- We love you guys so much. We are so thankful for your constant love, encouragement, and support. We wouldn't be the people we are today without you.







No comments:

Post a Comment