About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Day

I love how February 14th brings about many different opinions. Some love it, some hate it, some are indifferent. I truly believe its more of a scam to make tons of money on cards, candy and flowers, but none the less... I love this day... and the sappiness that it brings. I love buying people gifts. I especially like buying d gifts so I love that this days gives me another reason to. I also don't mind receiving them ... I love fresh flowers even if they're over priced, I love the $1 box of chocolates, I love the idea of d standing in the card aisle at the store trying to pick out a card (when I know how much he hates cards) but does it anyway because he knows I like them, I like thoughtful gifts.... and I like surprise gifts!

This year we celebrated valentines day on Tuesday instead of Thursday. We went out to eat and before we left he pulled a nicely wrapped box out of his coat pocket. I had no idea what it was. I hadn't really even given him any ideas so I wasn't expecting anything. That's when to my delight I opened that box and found this...




Holy. Moly. He did good. He even chose the charms I would have. Well done Jerkins.

Now let me clarify and I say, I'm not one who has to have stuff. I'm human so I like stuff, but could easily do without. I don't wear brand name stuff in fact I could care less about the brand names. I could do without gifts. I will say though that there is something about receiving a gift that does make you feel special and loved. The fact that someone put thought, action, and money in it for you. Its just plain sweet. I know everyone is wired differently, but for me this sign of thoughtfulness means so much.

Therefore, February 14th, you are not of the devil and I in fact am quite fond of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment