About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Try It Tuesday

I found a pinterest fail. Everything I have tried has been pretty great. This simple recipe not so much. It wasn't terrible, but it was weird enough that I thought, I'll probably never make this again. In fact, d who will eat most anything agreed.

I'm talking about the Angel Food Cake with 1 can of blueberry pie filling. Sounds easy enough, right? If you use low fat pie filling it even becomes a reasonable treat option. (ww= 2 points) I will say the taste wasn't bad... I like blueberry flavored things: cakes, muffins, donuts... it had a nice blueberry taste, but it was the texture that was weird. It was more spongy than light, fluffy.

Have any of you tried it? I thought it might be a good dare for Try it Tuesday. You could really use any pie filling. Maybe you shouldn't use the whole can. Or maybe not cook it as long as it calls for... let me know if you try it and what your thoughts are!

What You’ll Need:
  • 1 box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix  {I only use the Betty Crocker brand.  Do NOT use brands that have 2 mixes, like a cake mix and an egg mix… you’ll end up with the wrong consistency}.
  • 1 can of berry pie filling {blackberry, blueberry, etc.} ~ approx. 22 oz.

What You’ll Do:

Mix powder cake mix and pie filling together…
{don’t add any other ingredients}
Place in 9×13 ungreased baking dish…
Bake at 350 degrees for 28 – 30 minutes.

Note:  It’s common for the cake to fall in the middle a bit after cooking… and that’s okay ~ it won’t be the consistency of your traditional angel food cake, but it WILL be a gooey blueberry tasty treat!

I grabbed this recipe and pictures off the girl's site. I just now noticed the disclaimer at the end about the consistency... she's not kidding. So maybe I shouldn't call this a fail as much as I'm not a fan.

Aren't you dying to go fix this simple, cheap, sweet treat now? Go prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment