About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday Splurge Day

So... my title doesn't technically rhyme but close enough to make me feel like I came up with a  clever, appropriate title. I hate titling things... especially on here. So when I knew what I was going to be blogging about it was only fitting.

Thursday Splurge Day

And by splurge I mean 440 delicious calories of goodness, 20 grams of fat, 2 grams of fiber and 16 grams of protein... for breakfast. But man is it worth it.

I am obviously talking about the one. the only...

Chick.fil a Chicken Biscuit


Chick-fil-A<span class='reg'>®</span> Chicken Biscuit
I apparently have not really been an American up until about a month ago. I'd eat chick fil a, but it wasn't my favorite like every other American citizen would claim. I'd much rather choose McDonald's if I was going to splurge on fast food. I know. I can hear the gasps and the arguments about the fake meat made with yoga mat materials already. Nonetheless Chick Fil A was never a hit for me. In high school my friends and I, in between classes, (yes we were homeschooled, but took lots of classes outside of the home) would go to Chick fil a where they'd down their chicken biscuits and I'd simply opt for a coke because I just was not a fan....

That is until about a month ago. My secret sister at work brought me one for breakfast one morning. And because I didn't have the heart not to eat it, I gave it another chance. Let me just tell you. I was in heaven as I savored the crumbly, buttery biscuit and the crunchy chicken combination.I was hooked.

Enter Chick Fil A Fridays.

The school I teach at has 4 campuses. 2 of them sell chick fil a every Friday morning. How did I not know this?! Guess which campus then started. That's right... mine. So every Friday I splurge and savor my 440 calorie breakfast. Except this week my splurge day was Thursday because my secret sister brought me one today. As hard as it will be, I will forgo my chicken biscuit tomorrow... yea consuming this bad boy a couple of days in a row def voids out all my working out. As much as I love this, I love my skinny jeans more.

And lets be honest here...everyone knows some body types should never attempt skinny jeans... so unless I want to fall into that category.... this Thursday was my only splurge day.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH I had one of those yesterday and had to adjust all my other eating to make room for it... 440 calories is STEEP but toooootally worth it. Welcome to the dark side :)

    ReplyDelete