About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, July 15, 2013

Confessions from a rapidly growing fat girl

Yesterday at church I wore a simple black dress that had ruffles down the front middle section. Naturally my stomach has continued to grow, but apparently the ruffles made me look significantly bigger. I had numerous people make comments and then were shocked to find I'm only 15 weeks! All I could do is laugh and say yea, I'm going to be huge. A thought that continues to freak me out. And the fact that my sister sends me pictures of her 2 friends who had twins with their freakishly large stomachs doesn't help. It is what it is though and there's no turning back now.

Its seriously laughable to see girls post pictures of their stomachs at 20 weeks and I look down at my growing bump and think I looked like them 10 weeks ago! I am accepting the fact that I will have stretch marks, that my stomach will be huge... along with other body parts, and that life as we know it will change dramatically. I thought that both excites and scares me at the same time.

All of these confessions to say, my quiet time this morning was no coincidence, "Do not worry about tomorrow." A reminder that we all know and struggle with at times. However it was the fact that this statement is not a suggestion, but a command that got to me. The same God that saw fit to bless us with 2 babies... (at the same time!)... is the same God who goes before and prepares our way. The same God who promises to never leave us. The same God who's grace is sufficient for me and who's power is made perfect in my weakness.

So I may be a rapidly growing fat girl with worries and fears, but I have a God who is bigger than both.

1 comment:

  1. Well said! He is so much bigger than our worries and fears! Also, I used Bio-Oil on my belly last time (I bought it mostly at Walgreens), and although I only had one baby, I didn't get very many stretch marks at all. This time I am going to use Coconut oil in the morning and cocoa butter at night. Eating tons of protein is supposed to help the body/skin to be stronger but more elastic as well to cut down on stretch marks. I am sure you are gorgeous right now! Have fun in the second trimester (it really IS the best!). :)

    ReplyDelete