About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Update

Our summer is flying by! This past January, I agreed to keep 3 very sweet little girls this summer. This was well before I was pregnant... and with twins. I had such great plans of fun activities scheduled for each week. Then I discovered how it feels to grow 2 people.... I could barely get off the couch. I knew pregnancy brought on a level of tiredness, but I had no idea. Unfortunately those first few weeks with the girls were also consumed with an extremely sensitive nose that made me gag often and waves of nausea throughout the day. Needless to say, I am grateful that these girls are precious and play well together without needing my constant attention.

June 9-15 we went to Panama City with our students for camp. This was a different camp experience for me for sure. I was trying to stay rested and hydrated... all the while being exhausted no matter how much rest I got. Every morning, when our students would go to their bible study/rec groups, D would have a leader meeting/devo time with our adults in one of our rooms. I don't think I successfully stayed awake for a whole meeting. Thankfully I feel that stage is behind me.

We had a great week at camp with 1 salvation and several sincerely desiring to go deeper in their walks with Christ. This week was bitter sweet. I kept thinking this time next year I'm going to have 2 6month olds... and we'll probably be in a condo next door so my role as a camp leader will def be different.

The week after camp, we had a dr.'s appointment where we go to see our 2 sweet babies once again. I posted the up to date picture in my last post. I will be getting an ultrasound every month so we'll really get to see how they develop over the next few months. When I hit 11 weeks, my nausea began to go away and I seemed to have gained more energy. Don't get me wrong, I can take a nap any time any where, but I feel up to so much more than before.

Here's a pic of me at 11 weeks after our doctors appointment:


I know these kids are Daniel Jerkins' because I am thoroughly enjoying some of his favorite things that are normally not really on my radar: choc milk, ice cream, and candy.

 Last week, we went to Greers Ferry Lake with Daniel's family for our annual vaca. Like camp, this was a very different experience than what I'm use to. The doctor said I could get on the boat as long as the water was smooth. I went out for 10 minutes the first day and was so paranoid he looked at me and said, "Do you want us to take you back to the house?" I of course said, "Yes!" So the rest of my week I spent reading lots of books, taking naps and laying out. It was a very different lake trip for me, but very relaxing. I kept telling myself to enjoy it because next year wrestling 2 6 month olds at the lake won't be so relaxing.

Now we are back to the real world with no other vacations planned until September. Kind of depressing but it gives me time to use my new found energy to do laundry and clean my house and all the things my sweet husband has taken over since these 2 precious little ones sucked all my energy.

Here's my 12 week photo:

















I have really been loving lemon flavored things this week. My favorites this past week were a lemon cupcake and lemon heads candy.

Normally I get really sad when we hit July because I know school is just around the corner. Thankfully my budget genius husband handles our money so well that he has worked it so that I do not have to go back to work in the fall. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to stay home and raise our precious babies.

Here's to hoping for a fun, healthy, energy filled 2nd trimester and rest of the summer!

3 comments:

  1. Candy, I am so so so excited for you and Daniel! Being a mom is so rewarding and the Lord truly just teaches us daily what it means to be selfless and rely more on Him. Such a wonderful pictured of grace. I am so anxious to keep up with your journey through pregnancy and watch those sweet little ones (and you) grow! Please don't hesitate to text or call if you have any pregnancy questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace! I just made lemon jelly!! You would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love it if you are in a lemon phase. I will put aside a jar for when we get together for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! I can TOTALLY identify with the fatigue and the lemon cravings! :) We're excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete