About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Earnestly

I will be the first to admit I do not have it all together. I am not perfect. In fact if I'm being honest I am down right lazy by nature... add 2 growing humans in my uterus and you can guess how productive I've been lately.

Living with an OCD husband has definitely challenged me in the area of tidiness... there is a difference in clean vs tidy. I assure you. And those of you who have followed me on here for a while know my struggle with putting away laundry. Thankfully I had a burst of energy recently and I'm happy to report that there is not a single item of clothing in or on top of my dryer. Mark it down... this may not happen again for a long time.

All of this honesty to say, my tendency for laziness also pours into other areas of my life including my time with the Lord. I've learned over the years how crucial this time is. I've seen it's effects in my life and know its essential. Lately the Lord has been showing me that yes, I may seek him daily, but am I earnestly seeking him. I was reading in Hebrews 11... the By Faith chapter.... which is always very convicting. Vs. 6 says, "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." I had to stop reading because it was as if the word earnestly was in big, bold, flashing lights. I know what earnestly means but I wanted to know more... I looked it up and this is how its defined:

1. Marked by or showing deep sincerity or seriousness: an earnest gesture of goodwill.
2. Of an important or weighty nature; grave.
3. With a purposeful or sincere intent: settled down to study in earnest for the examination.
4. Serious; determined:

Yes, I may seek the Lord daily, but am I seeking him purposefully and with sincere intent?

I've continued to have the phrase "earnestly seek Him" roll around in my brain and I can't help but think as believers what would happen if we all chose daily to not just seek him.... although many of just need to get started! But what would happen if we all began to earnestly seek him... with a serious, determined, deep sincerity? I know its kind of bold to say, but I'm pretty sure petty arguments would dissolve, families could be restored, and lives would be completely changed. Not because of anything we are doing but because when we earnestly seek the Lord our lives couldn't help but be transformed. Our desires become his desires. Our goal becomes Jesus.

So who's with me?! Its time to not only seek Him daily, but let's earnestly seek him!

1 comment: