About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Candid Moments of Motherhood

Never have I appreciated coffee more.
I became one of those paranoid moms that I thought previously were crazy... except I'm way worse.
I've always known I'm someone who requires a lot of sleep. Having 2 newborns has only confirmed that. Our babies do well at night (3-4 hour spans) but still getting use to interrupted sleep is hard!
Germaphobe is an understatement to my state of germ paranoia. 
Pumping is one of the weirdest things ever... something I'm grateful for, but I feel like I'm a creature on a dairy farm. Not to mention it looks awesome. (said with much sarcasm)
As we have settled into this family of 4 thing... well really as we have settled in with this having 2 newborns thing...having an extra set of hands has been invaluable. Thankful for friends and family willing to come hold or feed babies for us.
So thankful for a hands on husband who will feed babies, vacuum the house or change dirty diapers no matter the time of day.
Middle of the night feedings feel like the twilight zone.
After seeing my reflection in the mirror at 2:00a.m., I can confirm that its not a flattering time for me.
Motherhood is fun, sweet, and very fulfilling but its definitely not always glamorous. 
I never realized 2 tiny people could puke and poop so much.
After realizing the amount of puke that was coming from the babies was not normal, we took them to the dr. and they were dignosed with severe reflux. They seem unphased by it other than they do cry when puke is coming out their nose.
We love our pediatrician, Dr. Owen.
I change at least 20-25 diapers a day.
The stretch marks and c-section pooch are humbling. (more of this coming in another post)
I have never been more appreciative for 2 tiny humans that make laundry multiply, getting out the door harder and our hearts more full than we could have ever imagined.










1 comment:

  1. You always have been such a sweet hearted person, and I am so thrilled that God has given you two brand new lives to instill that sweetness into. You're doing fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete