About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A little coffee and a lot of Jesus

I saw a quote and I feel like it's fitting for any stage of life, but as a new momma it rings truer than ever.

"I need a little coffee and a lot of Jesus." 

The babies are great. I have to constantly remind myself how blessed we are to have good babies. I run into people all the time who talk about their babies not sleeping through the night or tell me their babies cried all the time. My babies certainly are not perfect, but if we keep their tummies full and bottoms clean they're pretty happy. 

But momma still needs her coffee and a lot more of Jesus! I love having twins. They are so fun. I obviously can't imagine just having 1. The challenge of 2 babies is not always easy though but I like a good challenge so it makes life fun. I think me preparing myself for the worst makes having good babies seem effortless at times... at times. Not always. This was probably the best strategy I had in preparation for multiples. Not to mention my morning coffee helps get me going. 

Morning coffee. check.
Feed babies. check.

Then comes the most crucial part of my day. I lay my sweet full tummied babies on a pillow in front of me. I talk and sing to them (enjoying so much their sweet smiles and coos!) until they drift back off to sleep. Then out comes my bible and beth moore devo. I am currently going through her Whisper of Hope with a friend. I was skeptical. It was my friends idea to go through this book, but she seemed excited about it and I love Beth Moore so I agreed. It has been such a great encouragement to me. There are devos that make me dig into scripture and then her own commentary followed by journaling out our prayers. (praise, repentence, acknowledgement, interecession, supplication for self, equipping) I have been greatly challenged to pray intentionally and to pray boldy. 

I am constantly reminded of how much I need Jesus. My lack of patience, love, faith, mercy etc... I could go on and on. Here are some of the things that have greatly challenged me during this study.

*We usually think of rebellion as an alternate life style, drugs, etc. Scripture makes it clear that rebellion is simply refusing God's counsel. How many times do I neglect the freedom that I have to bring my peteitions to him? To refuse his counsel and attempt to do things on my own #1 is dumb and #2 its a form of rebellion.

*We so easily get caught in the captivity of activity. God never meant for us to live frenzied lives. We should find rest in His will and do those things well.

*Our faith is founded on fact. Christ erased all doubt. His followers didn't give their lives for a hope. Had they doubted, they would have given in under pressure, but they confidently died for Christ's sake becaue they didn't just believe He was who He said He was but they knew.

*Christ lived for one purpose: to do the will of the Father. If our heart's desire is to do God's will then we will wait for His timing even when the pause is long and uncomfortable. Faith affects our attitude about timing.

*Many of us stand on the word of God but rarely get off of it and open it. We claim to believe what we know little about.

*Moses didn't want victory if it meant leaving God's presence. He didn't want good results. He wanted God. How would you feel if God promised you success and victory without His presence? Would we know the difference?

*We shouldn't just seek Him, but earnesty seek Him. That's where true joy, peace and contentment are found.  

*People who constantly speak out in bitterness, complain, or are just negative all the time are really trapped in bondage. Rather than trying to avoid them at all cost, we should pray for their release and pray that God would give us mercy and help us respond positively in their presence.

*Our faith should not rest in God's activity but in His identity. That way when you don't know what God is doing you can find stability in who He is.

Because we live in a fallen world, have busy lives, and people can be annoying, I am constantly reminded how much I need a little coffee and a lot more of Jesus.


1 comment:

  1. Candace... I love you, and your faith. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete