About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Try it Tuesday

Friday: I awoke to an unpleasant feeling in my throat. To adequately describe it, I'd say it felt like a small monster jumping up and down on my already large tonsils. As my day went on I realized my throat was getting scratchy and sore. I was downing water like my life depended on it because I was hoping for some relief from the growing monster.

We had a volleyball game that night and I could tell that my once small monster had developed into quite an unpleasant friend...taking my slightly irritated throat into another level of discomfort while bringing in new monster friends to invade my nose and sinus cavities.

Yes, I am referring to "monsters" rather than graphically explaining the snot and mucus that have been running down my throat...which is now in my chest.

Finally, after a morning of coughing up nastiness, constantly blowing my nose, downing the H2O...I called my pharmacist. He recommended that I try some Mucinex DM during the day and Benedryl at night. I've been Benedryl-ing it up since Friday so hopefully this Mucinex stuff will do its job.

So my Try it Tuesday is Mucinex DM.





Wish me luck and pray that my monster friends leave quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Same thing happened to me... I went and got an shot, and I'm not taking some antibiotics and shooting nasonex up my nose... good luck on killing the monster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well so far... I am not a fan! My monsters have multiplied!!!!!

    ReplyDelete