About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ten Things Thursday

10. My favorite fall candy is currently sitting on my desk... I am proud to admit I have maintained will power and only eaten a couple... every hour. Kidding. I think in the past I've consumed so many they almost make me sick so one or 2 every once in awhile is sufficient. Hey that's not a bad idea... there's your cure for consuming too much of anything... eat a lot until it makes you sick and then you won't want it anymore. That's the kind of relationship me and puffy cheetos have. This is actually a terrible idea...forget I said it.




9. On another candy corn note... peanuts and candy corn are an excellent combination. It tastes like a payday.




8. I found this is my garage one Saturday. Of course D wasn't home... so what do I do? I took a picture... I did zoom in so he could get a better look. It was still huge though! Big enough that I wasn't about to step on it for fear it would jump on my foot... yes, spiders do jump... at least thats what I told myself.



I found a shoe nearby.... I threw the shoe at it. Thankfully my dad taught me how to throw so we had success in the killing department... no thanks to D. Wasn't that one of the things he vowed to me on our wedding day... to always be there to kill the bugs?!!!

7. My sister and I are playing softball twice a week. I convinced her to play with me in our church's Somerville league and she convinced me to play with her at Bellevue. Its ironic b/c I never thought I'd play again after all my shoulder stuff. I know I'm a weenie. I just never thought my arm would be the same. I still can't (or don't rather... throw as hard or as far as I use to), but I'm out there none the less having a ball. So glad she (and d) pushed me back into a game I love.




6. Yesterday at school was my class' Parent Day. I've talked about this before on my blog. Its an opportunity for my parents to come into my classroom and we give them a condensed version of our day covering all of our topics in an hour. We had such a great time. Many of my parents I rarely see so it was refreshing to get to see them interact with their children as well as give me and opportunity to talk with them even if it was just briefly.




5. I have the fever. Running that is. I can't get enough. Thats a lie... b/c I'm a weenie I obviously have my limit (where I feel like I'm going to fall over and die or throw up... ) It has become something I look so forward to... so much so I'm willing to get up and go at 5:45 with friends several mornings a week. Crazy I know! It is such a great stress reliever and I sleep better at night. With that said... I'm considering running in a half marathon. Obvioulsy I won't make the St. Jude one, but I want one that I feel confident supporting as well as one that is fairly easy since it will be my first. Thoughts?




4. One of my favorite household items has to be our DVR. It is the only way we watch TV these days. I find it exciting knowing I have new shows to watch. Weirdly enough I find deleting shows just as exciting. The tiny bit of me that's a neat freak likes cleaning it out in this way. Does that make me weird?




3. Like so many of you Pinterest has taken over my life. Ok, thats a lie and def. was dramatic... d was right. However, I am so fascinated with it. I have found so many wonderful ideas and recipes. Thank you to whoever created this wonderful waste of time.




2. Our youth room is coming along. Its been a little slow going, but we are almost there. So excited to have this opportunity to offer a bigger and better place for our students to come, bring their friends, worship, hear the gospel presented and grow. I'll post pictures as soon as we make the big reveal.




1. It's no secret I love Lecrae. He is my running partner, who I jam to in the car, and who is coming to Minglewood Hall Friday night! I am more than excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment