About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Workout Wednesday

The last couple of years I have really developed a passion  for fitness. Let me first clarify I am no expert, I have no degree in this, I still eat whatever I want, I still have fat rolls and cellulite, but nonetheless I love to workout. There is def something to be said for endorphins.

2 nights a week I have the privilege of leading a ladies workout class. Its mainly just friends before bible study on Tuesday and then most of those same friends and some of our youth and college girls on Wednesday. I love it. I lead a Jillian Michaels type workout targeting the whole body for 30-45 minutes. I get to pretend I'm Jillian during this time. I'm nicer though with a bigger butt. I'm nice but I do like to push them and myself. If I've learned anything its, if our workouts aren't challenging us then they aren't changing us.

Its ok to be out of breath. Its ok to sweat. Its even ok to feel like you're going to die. One of my favorite pins on pintrest is: "Unless you puke, faint or die keep going." Some days we may feel close to all of those! I know I certainly have those kind of days, but its during those days I see that I can do more than I thought I could. I never thought I could run 3 miles much less 13 miles! Training plays a huge part but I think an even larger part is the mental game we play with ourselves without really even knowing it. We are capable of so much more than we think. Most of us quit before we get the chance to realize it.

So get out there, sweat, push yourself and enjoy the results!

1 comment:

  1. Friend of a friend here again...You are such an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete