About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Try It Tuesday

Of course our first Christmas together we purchased our tree, ornaments, beads, star etc. So the past 4 years we've put up our tree and I have loved it... until this year. I knew it needed something... I just couldn't put my finger on it.



Enter Hobby Lobby.... and green, fluff, wrap stuff.

I'm not even sure what this stuff is called but lots of people these days have wreaths made out of it and many have added it to their trees or even made it into a tree topper. Mom and I played with it and realized it may look like a lot on a roll, but it does not go near far as I'd hoped. We tried many different ways and this was our favorite look.



Now please remember my tree was already fully decorated. And since putting this up 3 weeks ago, I have done more tucking in so it doesn't look like I threw up some stuff on my tree like this picture indicates. And since then I have also straightened that skirt and added presents. I do think the green wrap helps the tree to pop... and if you know me you know I like pop when it comes to decorating... to d's dismay. He was not a fan at first, but I think its grown on him. Although if you see him... don't ask him about it b/c he may change his mind. :)

What are your thoughts? Do you like it? Do you have some? How did you use it?

2 comments:

  1. This is the second post this week I've read about this. The other post said it is Decomesh. May need to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it! I used some on my wreaths. I like how you used the one roll. You could always add another roll next year and then you could weave it in and out of the branches (for a different look).

    ReplyDelete