About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Catch Up

Our Christmas break was wonderful, but of course went by way too quickly. Here are some highlights:

December ?: bought new decorations for mantle... and I'm in love.



December 22: 3rd Annual Burbee/Jerkins/Foreman/Wilbur Christmas party... including my dad's amazing french toast, a ball game, and an ornament exchange. I'll let you guess who was involved in the game watching and who did the ornament exchange.

December 23: First official day of Christmas vacation. It included sleeping late, wrapping presents, sitting by the fire, catching up on dvr-ed shows, and laundry.... but it was awesome because I didn't have to go to work. In fact I'm pretty sure I was in my pajamas all day.

December 24: Christmas eve... baking, organizing gifts by the locations we were going, afternoon at Grandmomma's and Grandaddy's and then an evening at Granny's. The best part was probably Grandmomma reading the Christmas story not from her normal, worn, King James bible, but by iphone. Something I never expected to see.



December 25: Christmas morning... breakfast at The big Jerkins and our nieces opened their gifts (but only for about an hour and half because we had church), church service, afternoon with my family, and then the night back at the big Jerkins to open all of our gifts.
No love on Christmas


December 26: Breakfast at Jody's Donuts, picked up rental vans for winter camp, and did last minute things for that, lunch with my immediate family and then everyone came back to our house to open presents. Then later that night we went to Daniel's aunt and unlce's house and did our Christmas with them.

December 27: 3:30a.m. the alarm clock went off. It was time for winter camp... 2 hours later we were on our way to Blowing Rock, North Carolina. We were there from Tuesday-Friday. It was a great trip. Beauitiful scenery, great escape from our every day lives, great worship and teaching... maybe one of my favorite trips.

Group picture


Sugar Mountain


Proof I skied


Impromptu volleyball


Exhausted


Awesome worship leaders: Jeff and Rachel Maxwell



Loved the view. This guy isn't too bad either.


Today brought me back to the real world... well partly. School resumes on Monday but today-Friday we offer daycare for our campus... aka play days. So its a nice ease back into the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment