About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Morning Heart Attack

During the night last night, my left hand was doing weird things. My fingers felt swollen one minute and then asleep another. The problem being I was sound asleep. I remember thinking my fingers feel funny but then I just adjusted my wedding rings (they are sautered? together so really I refer to them as just one ring). I got up this morning ready to head to the gym when I went to put on my runner ID... which normally I have to lift over my ring and I realized MY RING IS NOT ON MY FINGER.

What. in. the. world.

I never take it off unless I'm playing sports. So I began to slightly freak out. I lose things from time to time... my keys, my phone, but never my rings! I do not remember ever taking my ring off. In the past when my fingers have felt swollen, I have taken it off and put it on my nightstand, but thats on a rare occasion. I looked there. Not there. I looked on the floor by my nightstand. Not there. I looked under my pillows and covers. Not there. I looked under the bed. Not there. By this time I had woken D up and he reassured me we'd find them. I took a deep breath and headed to the gym hoping some cardio would refresh my memory.

I spent some time on the bike and then on the elliptical. I finished my workout by doing some strength via weight machines. All the while, I was praying for total recall of what I did with my ring and that I would find it. The last machine I sat down at had sweat on the handles so I went and got a paper towel to dry it off. No joke, I sat back down on the machine and there was my ring on the floor right beside me! It was seriously as if it had appeared out of no where! I had to do a double take. At first, I looked around wondering if someone else had lost a ring. I picked it up and sure enough it was my ring (dirty and all) and fit perfectly as before. Again, I looked around blown away that the ring I lost at home appeared right by my machine at the gym.

The only thing I can think is maybe my ring was stuck in my tank top somehow and fell out at that last machine.Let's remember I walked around my house like a mad woman, got in my car in the garage, parked and walked into the gym, walked to the far side of the gym, used 2 cardio machines, and 3 different strength machines. Crazy!

I went from devastation to elation! My ring is back securely on my finger now and I haven't stopped saying Thank You Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment