About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When did I become an adult...

I have never had a defining moment in my life when I was like, "Yep, I'm officially an adult." Is it when you start college? Get a full time job? Get married? To which I would say no to every single one of those. Babies are getting full time jobs and getting married earlier and earlier...  and not all of them I would consider an adult. I know looking back we looked like babies when we got married but I still stand next to giving my life to Christ, marrying Daniel Jerkins at 20 was the best decision I ever made. But back to the topic... when did I officially become an adult?

I have no idea.

I'm now 27, own a house and 2 cars, pay pills, cook, clean and take care of another human being (even though he's 28 that still counts) make doctor's and dentist appointments... so technically I am an adult.

Yesterday, however, I never felt more like an adult as I walked into the dermatologist office. Teenagers go to the dermatologist with their moms because of acne and old people go to the dermatologist to have moles removed. I am neither. Yet there I was surrounded by both in that freezing waiting room.

I had a few spots I wanted checked out. Yes, that officially makes me sound old. Good news I was all clear. My concern spot was from an old mosquito bite that never went away and turned weird looking. I thought for sure it was skin cancer. Nope. Just a mosquito bite scar. What?! I put off this appointment for a year for a mosquito bite scar?! They are apparently pretty common so my option was to leave it as that scar or she'd take it off and I'd have a tiny line scar. I opted for the knife. :) So one numb spot and one stitch later I am happy to say my first big girl derm appointment  was a success.

Some questions you might be asking:

-Where did you go? Mid-South Dermatology in Bartlett

-Why did you choose that place? Most places didn't have an appointment until the first of the year. I was able to see a nurse practitioner a month after my initial phone call.

-Who did you see? Loree Easly

-Did you like her? Loved her! Will def go back to her again if needed

-Did you have to strip down? No. I was told most places make you completely undress so they can check every nook and cranny. She did check me, but I kept my clothes on and just lifted and moved what was needed for the exam.

So... when did I become and adult?

I have no idea, but after yesterday I'm pretty I qualify as one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment