About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 20, 2012

Revival

As our church prepares for the Fayette County revival next week, it has brought up much talk  in our church obviously but especially between d and I. What is real revival? Is it something we can do or is it simply supernatural?

I looked up the official definition of revival online and its defined as:
  1. An improvement in the condition or strength of something: "an economic revival".
  2. An instance of something becoming popular, active, or important again.
 The world clearly defines it as something renewed.

I feel like many times we miss the boat on what true revival is. Many talk about wanting an "old fashion revival." What is that? What does it look like? People crying and running up and down the aisles? To me it sounds like we are putting the pressure on ourselves to bring about this revival. We must repent, we must make amends with others, we must be ready.... but when did it become about us? What about the lost that happen to show up to these events and God miraculously turns their worlds upside down? They didn't come in clean and prayed up. Yet God moved and dramatically changed their lives.

I definitely think we need to pray for revival, but revival shouldn't be an event we attend but lifestyle brought about by the miraculous workings of God in our lives.

 Love this...

Many Christians world wide are praying for Spiritual Revival to sweep across our globe. Some are seeing incredible revivals in their areas, such as parts of Africa, South America, Asia and Oceania.

-----But what does it take to experience revival where you are? First and foremost, Spiritual Revivals are not the work of human hands. Despite the advances in technology and media, man made programs do not generate nor guarantee Spiritual Revivals. They are the product of the Sovereign Work of God, but it is a Work that is done in response to the devotion of even one godly man or woman.


(http://www.biblestudycd.com/Spiritual%20Revival/Revival.html)  
 ( I know nothing about this site other than this little bit that I read.)

This is definitely an interesting topic. What are your thoughts on revival?

1 comment:

  1. I read something recently (can't remember which book!) that really gave me a visual for revival that I hadn't thought of before. I always picture church services lasting for hours and the Spirit's presence being so strong. I hadn't really thought about life outside of "church." I'm paraphrasing but I read... "get a vision of what revival would look like. Picture your church leaders and teachers' houses being packed with cars constantly coming to and from their homes. People will be seeking out the church leaders asking them questions about the Bible. Many of these leaders will be completely devoted to the things of God- they might literally be meeting with people all day long. When revival comes, we can not stop proclaiming the works of God. And people will be drawn to the Gospel in a way you have never seen before. Living through a true revival is something you will never forget."
    That is so exciting to me! How I yearn to see revival in our day!

    ReplyDelete