About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

11 miles

11 miles sounds so daunting. 11 miles is like from my house to Oakland. 11 miles is a long way! I never would have imagined I could run 11 miles. I proved myself otherwise on Saturday. Not only did we run 11 miles but we ran them well.

Here are our splits thanks to allie's app:


Mile 1 - 10:16
Mile 2 - 10:05
Mile 3 - 9:33
Mile 4 - 9:46
Mile 5 - 9:47
Mile 6 - 9:48
Mile 7 - 10:18
Mile 8 - 10:13
Mile 9 - 10:06
Mile 10 - 9:51
Mile 11 - 9:42

Its crazy to think all we had to do was run 2 more miles to complete a half marathon. The fun part is... I now am certain we can. 2 miles is nothing after you've run 11!

We couldn't have asked for  a better day to run. It was hard to decide what to wear. On one hand you don't want to be cold, but then again your body warms up so quickly. I was pleased with my capris and long shirt. It was also my second run to power up with something mid run. I had a hammer gel when we did our 9 miles a couple of weeks ago and knew that was never going to happen again. The flavor wasn't bad (banana) the texture was like blending up cardboard and trying to swallow it. Saturday I opted for fruit snacks. Not only did the sugar help, but just the sweet fruity flavor was a huge pick me up.

After our run, my body was achy... mainly my ankles and feet, but overall I felt great. It was such a great feeling to have accomplished such a huge amount of miles when if asked just a  year ago about me running a half marathon I would have laughed in your face. Running is one thing... running a half marathon is just crazy... or is it?

Now here we are simply 32 days away!


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I smiled as I read the whole thing!! Ya'll are awesome! Cute pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! Hopefully one day I will make it to half marathon. Right now I shall be content with the 5k. So proud of yall and yall's goals though!

    ReplyDelete