About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fat Friday

And I'm not kidding... we're talking so good this recipe calls for 4 sticks of butter.

I've mentioned on here before that my favorite cake is Pioneer Woman's Choc Sheet Cake. Well, when I saw that my favorite cake had a peanut butter version I thought it was most def. worth a try.

Last night we had a night at home. D was doing some sermon prep which means I had nothing to do but pretend I was Betty Crocker. I really love baking. I would love it more if I had a clean up fairy to come behind me, but still... baking is fun for me. I especially love to share my goodies with others. I really find great joy in adding calories to other people.

And thanks to pinterest all I want to do is cook, eat, and run. And after eating this, I better be doing a lot of running... but I assure you its worth every bead of sweat.

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake


Ingredients:  

Cake:
2 cups Sugar 
1 teaspoon Baking Soda 
2 cups Flour  
1 teaspoon Salt  
2 sticks Butter  
1 cup Water  
1 cup Peanut Butter  
½ cups Milk  
1 teaspoon Vanilla  
2 whole Eggs  

 Icing: (I doubled but you don't have to)
1 stick Butter  
½ cups Peanut Butter  
6 teaspoons Milk  
1 pound Powdered Sugar 

Directions:

Cake:
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
Combine butter, water and peanut butter in saucepan and bring to boil. Pour over flour mixture.
Add milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix.
Pour in large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake at 400F degrees for 20 minutes.

Icing:
Bring butter, peanut butter and milk to boil in saucepan. Add one pound of powdered sugar. Pour warmed frosting over cooled cake. (I doubled mine, but then again the icing is my favorite part.)

You will def. need a big glass of milk or coffee with this. It's seriously like peanut butter fudge on peanut butter cake.

 And all God' people said... amen.

This may have actually topped the choc sheet cake for me. My mouth is watering just typing this!
 

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I'm in Betty Crocker mode right now too. So fun! I give most of my goodies away too. Too dangerous to keep at home. Looking forward to running soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma and I made this a few months ago because she has a weakness for anything peanut butter and I ran across this recipe on a friend's blog. Well IT WAS AMAZING! Her diabetes didn't thank her of course...but it was well worth it. Just looking at the picture on your blog made my mouth water...and I am quickly reminding myself that I did start insanity today and that I should not make this cake this week.

    ReplyDelete