About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Disney World

2 weeks ago, I boarded a plane with my sister in law, Bethany, and we headed south to Orlando. We went to meet up with my in-laws and Julie and her kids. I've mentioned before that when my father in law has business meetings in fun places, we sometimes tag along and do fun things with my mother in law. I am so very grateful for these opportunities to get away, do fun things, and make lots of sweet memories.


This time was no different. Lily's birthday just happened to fall during this trip so she convinced Papa to take us all to disney world for her birthday. :)

My fall break was thatThursday and Friday so it worked out great that I was able to go and not have to miss any work.

We stayed at Disney's French Quarter so  I had the option to eat this delicious beignet for dessert every night.






Our schedule ended up working out great and the kids did awesome. UP and out by 8:30-ish every day and back, dinner eaten and the kids in bed by 8:30 every night. Considering we were exhausted, I know they really must have been.

Julie did a great job of planning our meals. We had one big meal a day... at a park... either a late breakfast or lunch with the characters and then dinner we had at our resort each night.

Here was our park schedule:
Thursday: Magic Kingdom
Friday: Hollywood Studios
Saturday: Magic Kingdom
Sunday: Animal Kingdom

My love for roller coasters was def. reignited  on this trip. Even though there are only a couple of good adult rides at each place, we still thoroughly enjoyed them!

I will say I had a great time and will def. go back when we have kids, but I'm not sure what the draw is if you go with only adults or go for your honeymoon. It is clearly designed for kids. We had a great time because of the excitement from the little ones, but there's no way I'd go back just me and D. I do look forward to taking our kids there one day though.

 First day excitement

 First glimpse of the castle and it did not disappoint. And yes, there were tons of people there.

 They were putting up christmas lights on the castle. Notice the lovely crane.

Birthday Girl

Cake time

 

Lunch with Tigger, Pooh, and Piglet

 This is basically what Hallie did every time a character would get close. And Will just got  the look of sheer horror on his face and then cried.


We enjoyed some pool time.

Found a new coffee lover

Even breakfast was fun

The big girls had fun too.



I wish you could see our faces. These pictures were hilarious. This also documents Maggie's first time to ride alone.  And she loved it.

I had a great place to run while we were down there.
 


We had such a great time! Thank you Papa and Grammy!

No comments:

Post a Comment