About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 26, 2012

Fat Friday

I promise this is not strictly a food blog... unfortunately my last few posts have been from one Fat Friday to the next. This is a scrapbook type thing for us and if I'm being honest, us Jerkins love food... again the reason I run. :) So when I find recipes that are worth sharing I find that I would be doing the world a disservice not to share a recipe that's so good its worth repeating.

It's hard to top that peanut butter sheet cake last week... I now affectionately call it Peanut Butter Fudge Cake. I did however find a good fall/winter apple dessert

Caramel Apple Cake

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts (I omitted)
2 1/2 cups diced apples, canned or fresh
 
Caramel Topping:
1 1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1/8 cup of milk
Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees.  
Cream together sugar, eggs, and oil.  
Add flour; mix together until well blended.  
Add vanilla, nuts, and diced apples. 
Spread into a lightly greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking dish
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. 
When cake is done, punch holes in it with a knife and pour topping over.
 
Heat all topping ingredients together over medium heat.  Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Let boil for about 2 minutes.  Pour over warm cake.
Serves 15-20
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment