About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cotton Pickin 5k

This was my second year to run in this race in Somerville and I absolutely love it. I love the small town feel and the challenge of this course. Unfortunately my running buddy wasn't going to be able to run it with me.

 Some storms came through Friday night leaving everything wet and cool. As I was leaving the house Saturday morning, it dawned on me that Allie's daughter's soccer game had to be rained out so I text her and told her to come and run. She threw some clothes on and flew the 35 minutes to meet me just in time for the race.

It was the perfect morning for a race. It was cloudy and cool and when the wind blew, it blew water from the trees leaving you with a refreshing sprinkle.

We approached the starting line with one goal in mind: to beat my last years time of 28 minutes. The last race we ran together was the one we ran a year ago and finished in 34 minutes. Boo. So we were excited to see if all of our hard word had paid off.

27 minutes later we crossed the finish line. Not only did we beat my time from last year but we were 7 minutes faster than our last race together!

I'd call that success.




 The whole gang





1 comment: