About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 7, 2012

Hope for Change

Dr. Roger's daily devo from this morning:

"The Meaning of Everything

 ". . . all things were created by Him, and for Him." Colossians 1:16b

Do you want to know the meaning of everything? It is Jesus only. You may think that is an overstatement. We live in a great big universe, billions of light years in expanse. And the Bible tells us that "all things were created by Him, and for Him" (Colossians 1:16).

There is nothing made that was not made by the Lord Jesus. The answer to creation is Jesus only. People say, "the world needs saving." But what the world really needs is redemption. And where is redemption going to come from? Not from a creed, code, or cause, but Jesus only.

The entire universe, the plans of God, and the sweep of all the ages comes down to two words - Jesus only."

As I read this devo this morning I couldn't help but think about the presidential election. Both parties claiming they have the solutions to our country's problems... what they'll do to turn our country around. Both have great arguments that sound good in theory, but in reality could it be fleshed out? Is is practical? Would it work? I'm not so sure. I do know the foundations that I stand on and which party upholds those and protects them... so I know who I'm voting for, yet I know even my choice for president  isn't really the answer.

One thing I know is certain. No matter who is elected as our next president the only one who can truly turn our country around or like in the devo "save our world" is Jesus. He truly is our only hope for change.


No comments:

Post a Comment