About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was spent the very same way the last 5 labor day weekends have been spent. (Minus the year hallie was born because her due date was too close to make an out of town trip)

So other than that year we've spent every labor day in Muscle Shoals, Alabama...



where we did some of this:

Played/laid out by the pool




Boys played a ton of golf


Training didn't stop because of vacation


Busted. Stealing some of d's candy


The big girls spent some wonderfully relaxing time here.


Early mornings in the word are the best on vacation

My favorite Foremans' after meeting the boys at the clubhouse for lunch






While on our trip, I learned a couple of things. The first being that we'll never own a king bed. We're not necessarily all night cuddlers, but I don't want him a mile away during the night either. It may be great for some, but not for us.

Secondly, I gained a greater understanding of the impact I have on my 4 favorite little people. It's no secret I adore my nieces and nephew. They make life so fun and I can't imagine our lives without them. I have noticed that when they come to our house rather than going and getting the  toys we have out of the playroom to play with they'd rather go into my closet and model every pair of shoes I own. This weekend was no different. They walked around in my shoes throughout the hotel rooms. Then fought over the new pair of heels I scored on clearance. As I watched them walk impressively well in heels that most women don't attempt, I was reminded that though they love walking in my literal shoes they also like to walk in my figurative ones as well. They want to listen to the music I listen to, wear the lip gloss I just put on, put on the bracelets I'm  wearing, they repeat the things I say, and possibly model the attitudes and behaviors they see from me. How scary! I have 8 precious little eyes and ears watching and listening to me. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with them, but as Peter Parker's uncle Ben said, "With great power (privilege) comes great responsibility." 

Boy, is that true. 

Julie and Jeff have so graciously shared these little ones with us it is our responsibility to make sure we are pointing them to Jesus. What do they hear when I speak? What kind of behaviors/attitudes of mine do I want them repeating? And whats even scarier is they don't miss a thing!

This weekend was very relaxing but also very eye opening. I'll never be able to wear those new shoes without remembering this treasure of a lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooo true about how kids don't miss a thing! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete