About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 7, 2012

Fat Friday


Well this is somewhat true. I don't really post about politics on fb, but food on the other hand I do. Since, I did make a political point in the previous post I thought it was ok to add this picture and not sound like a complete ditz who loves food.

Rather than, "Hey I made pancakes!"... how about "Hey, I made chocolate cobbler!" Yep sure did. We were eating left over pork tenderloin and veggies for dinner last night so I thought I needed to make a yummy dessert to go with my lack of effort over dinner.

Enter Pinterest.

Yes, I found pinterest again. I stayed away all summer kind of burnt out. When I needed a good dessert idea though I knew where I needed to go and it did not disappoint. It led me to this:



 Chocolate Cobbler

Ingredients:

2 stk
butter
1 1/4 c
sugar
1 1/2 c
self rising flour
1 tsp
vanilla
3/4 c
milk


CHOCOLATE LAYER
1 c
sugar
6 Tbsp
cocoa powder
2 c
boiling water



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the two sticks of butter in the oven.

Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4cups of sugar, flour, vanilla and milk. Once the butter is melted pour the batter over the butter, but do not stir.

In a separate bowl mix together the cocoa and remaining sugar.

Sprinkle cocoa/sugar mixture on top of batter. Do not stir.

Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don't stir) and bake for 30-45 minutes. I bake mine until I have a nice golden brown crust. Serve warm. Great with ice cream.

Happy Fat Friday!







































































No comments:

Post a Comment