About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday

My very creative title helps explain my creativity when it comes to blogging lately. Life has been so beautifully full and sweet that 1. I haven't had much time and 2. I haven't really cared to. Then I remembered why I started this blog to begin with... not to brag about my life because I assure you it is not perfect, but to have a digital scrapbook of our lives. And this season needs to be documented.  I am loving this season that God has us in. The season of loving ministry... genuinely loving where we are and who we get to minister to, loving the fact that this year has been hard! God moved us around in ministry... throwing us for 2 completely mind boggling loops, but knowing it was purposeful,  loving my ever growing family, loving the fact that we're making a lot of new friends, loving that it makes me love and appreciate my old ones, loving being married to my best friend, loving the idea that having a family of our own is on the brain and right around the corner... yes life is full and sweet... and I deserve none of it.

I am constantly baffled with why God continues to prove himself faithful when I am faithless. I am baffled when his mercies are new every morning yet I am slow to show mercy to others. I am baffled with why He chooses to pour out His grace, love and favor on... me. I'm really not trying to be a downer or  have a pity party here. I have just been reeling over the fact that He owes us nothing yet we owe Him everything. I in no way deserve to be used by Him, yet he allows me to apart of the story.

Sunday night at church we watched Not a Fan. I had heard a lot of good things about it. Honestly, it wasn't that great of a movie, but it did make you think which is the point. You can guess by the title that we're encouraged to not be fans of Jesus but to be true followers. Fans fade, but followers are faithful in the good and the bad. And really what separates us the two outside of devotion to Jesus is love.

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing."   1 Cor. 13:1-3

That has been what I have been challenged with lately... Love separates the fans from the followers. Where do you stand? I know where I'm at and I know it needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment