About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 14, 2013

Old Friends

D and I are very blessed. We had excellent friends in high school. Him and his group of guy friends were the leaders in our student ministry and my group of girl friends were the best... both groups though not perfect, they were solid in Christ and loyal to us. I have been most surprised at how though years have past and we love both groups dearly... the guys have stayed more in contact than the girls. This past weekend is an excellent example of what I'm talking about. 2 of the guys moved away and worked it out for them and their families to both be here this weekend so we all got together for dinner and then for the Memphis game. As I sat there looking at these familiar faces whom we shared hundreds of memories with, I couldn't help but be thankful. Thankful that these men helped shape my husband. Thankful these men chose great women to share their lives with. Thankful that even now everyone picks back up as if not much has changed. As I looked around at the additions that have been made to the group, wives, kids, careers, moves... I couldn't help but think... Wow, we're getting old. Life is really happening and happening quickly. We are just a couple years away from 30. We are not teenagers anymore. But this group has remained close. At 10:45 Saturday night we all got up to go home and then ended up all standing around for another hour recalling funny memories.

We may not all end up living in the same city or even state anymore. We may not see each other as often as we'd like. But I am thankful for this group. These people shared our teenage years with us, stood on the stage with us as we said our vows and now years later still refresh us after having spent quality time with them... yes even dacus who drove me crazy as a teenager because he'd be the one to point out the zit I tried to hide on my face... yes, even him... I am thankful.

 Here are the guys at Steve and Erin's Wedding



The guys and wives this time (plus ben and hobb's) at Jake and Karen's Wedding











No comments:

Post a Comment