About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I hate goodbyes

I most def. hate goodbyes with people, but I even find it hard to say goodbye to things. I get it honestly. My grandmother is a pack rat. My mom is a pack rat. I too find myself struggling to say goodbye to things that I never use or wear, but assure myself I will (again) one day!

I literally get sad every year when we pack away our Christmas decorations. I know its not technically a goodbye, but a See ya next year... but still. I remember the excitement that we felt putting it all out just a short month ago with some dumb Christmas movie... Elf this year.... on in the background. I love finding new places for things, recalling the memories behind each ornament, and I even love the threat D makes every year of throwing away some of my favorite feathered ornaments that he hates and wishes I'd get rid of. Was all that really just a month ago?! I'm old fashioned in the sense that I like to celebrate one holiday at a time or else I would put my Christmas stuff out around Halloween. Fall to me is simply Christmas prep.... at least in my mind and in my kitchen.

All this to say, one of my favorite things at Christmas is receiving Christmas cards! I love getting the mail in December because each day it holds the card of people who mean something to us. Thankfully most send cards with pics and that is my favorite! Years ago I stole this idea from Julie.




I love seeing these faces! I love how they glow with the lights. This year as we were taking all our Christmas stuff down, D shocked me and asked if I wanted to keep it up a little longer. No brainer. In all honestly, when we took our Christmas stuff down I was still recovering from a nasty sinus infection/bronchitis/ thought death was looming sickness so I think I offered a more manly sounding reply (grunt), but either way.... if you sent us a card, we're still looking at ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment