About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Perspective from Laurin

Apparently, I should have called this day something catchy that rhymes and states that I stole these posts from friends. But I couldn't think of anything so just know that these last 2 blog entries I stole from friends to share with you... b/c they are that good. Thank you Leslie for the earlier post and Laurin for this one.

My hope is in You (Psalm 39:7).
True hope in Christ is amazing, isn’t it? I recall the hope that I had upon becoming a believer.  It was almost as if I had to pinch myself each and every hour because my heart was alive….with Hope.  And as I walk with Christ this day, I haven’t lost that amazement of Hope.  I’ve caught myself in recent days asking the Lord Why, Lord?  Why this hope?  Why this joy stemming from hope?  for the hope that a believer has almost seems too good to be true.  Praise God.  And He answers my question with Go.  Go and spread the true Hope.  Release it to a dying world. 

But you know what I think is the strongest factor that may affect our experiencing the true Hope of Christ?  The screen.  The screen we look at for Facebook.  The screen we look at for texts.  The screen we look at to see what’s new in the world of fashion, drama and all of that.

Because when we want to escape reality, when we want our minds and hearts to forget what’s really going on because it’s too much too handle in that moment, it is like second nature for me to check out Facebook.  Or to see if anyone has texted me.  Because I need to breathe a little, right?

Except that’s not true oxygen.  That’s not true hope.  That’s giving myself a drink of sweet tea instead of a glass of water.

It seems sweet and good and refreshing at first, but once I’ve finished the drink, I’m still wanting more.

Let’s release true hope in our lives.  Let’s stop going to Facebook, texts, and even blogs to escape the pressure of the moment and let’s turn to Jesus, the true Hope.  Let’s pick up the Word and refresh our souls with that trueness.

It seems so simple.  So “duh”.  But I think that screen is ruining us.  It’s deterring us from experiencing the true hope that God wants us to give and remind of us as many times during the day as we’ll let Him.  Think of the hope that could be realeased in our lives and, in turn, in the lives of those around of us, if instead of getting on Facebook or texting a friend, we meditate/memorize a verse. Wow. I think it could be life-changing.

Do it often: grab a lifeline by stepping offline. You’ll see your true self when you look for your reflection in the eyes of souls not the glare of screens. (A Holy Experience)

And I think seeing our true reflection will lead us more to wanting Christ’s true reflection.  True Hope.  Releasing true Hope to a dying, desperate world.

(A P.S. here:  I’m not getting off Facebook, or not answering texts, or anything like that.  Just trying to do it less = ). )

No comments:

Post a Comment