About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010 challenge

I definitely have goals for 2010. I hesitate to call them "new years resolutions" because I feel like to call them that would mean I'm setting myself up for failure like every other resolution set. So, my goals or my challenge rather for 2010 is 2 fold.... well, really it's like 10 fold, but 2 things that I'm determined to do (in no particular order)....

1. Get in shape

2. Complete my one year bible

Ok, so I know that myself and 15 billion other people have the same goal this year... get in shape. Losing weight is definitely a plus, but I want to be healthy. I want to eat healthier, feel healthier, and exercise more. This decision came on our way home from winter camp, after eating junk all week. I sat in McDonald's and consumed my oh so delicious McRib... I felt awful. So... as I voiced this to a couple of my friends who went as leaders, they were in agreement that we needed to do something. So myself and my partners in crime said goodbye to the McRib and began our challenge. Eating healthier (watching points) and exercising more has already made me feel better and helped the scale become my friend ... which I have to see every Sunday morning with the other challengers.

One new exciting thing we're starting at church is a workout class on Tuesday nights before our ladies bible study. I am heading this up, but before you go and laugh.... all I am doing is popping in an awesome DVD and working out with everyone. So we get a good workout and then get to hang out and hear Beth Moore's: Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed as it challenges us to be the woman that God has called us to be. It's so exciting to dig into God's word with other women who desire the same things as you. Which then leads me to my next 2010 challenge:

Read through the bible! I have tried the chronological route and get bogged down in the old testament so a new opportunity has presented itself. Daniel has challenged our students to read through the bible this year. He purchased for our students an awesome one year bible that is easy to read and offers a little old testament, new testament, psalms, and proverbs each day. Here it is if you're interested:




I am loving it. So while we are challenging our students, we are challenging ourselves as well. Reading through God's word will be life changing. A huge part of reading through the bible this year means that my relationship with Christ will be strengthened as well. To read His word challenges us to obey it. To obey it challenges us to live it. To live it challenges us to share it. To share it challenges us to know Him . To know Him you need no challenge... when you know Him you love Him. Needless to say... we're excited about this opportunity!

So 2010, this year will be different. Challenges will be met. Lives will be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment