About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 11, 2010

T minus 9 days




In nine days, D and I will be getting on a plane headed toward Israel. We are going to the Holy Land! This amazing opportunity presented itself and we couldn't say no. I have spent today's nap time preparing for the 8 days of work that I'll miss. I know I still have plenty of time, but I'd rather not be stressed in preparing. I already have a bit of stress thinking about having to pack for a 10 day trip in a suitcase that I would normally stuff for a long weekend. :) I just like being prepared. Trust me... I have a much larger one, but we haven't measured it yet. D is pretty sure that it will be too big according to the airline's measurements. So.... lets' just pray that my huge suitcase will be the correct measurement to take some stress off of Candace.

The Sheila in me is also a bit concerned that we'll be an ocean away for 10 days as well as we have to fly over miles and miles of shark water! So.... my early preparations are to ease any and all unnecessary stress that I will feel as our trip approaches.

Regardless... I am thrilled about this trip. Several people that we have talked to who have ever been to Israel say that it is a life changing trip. A trip that every Christian should make in their lifetime. Now clearly not everyone can or will, so we realize this is a privilege and an honor to be able to walk where Jesus walked, healed, and preached. Some highlights of the trip that I'm looking forward to: being baptized in the Jordan River (which I hear is freezing!) and swimming in the Dead Sea. How humbling it will be to see the places where so many Christians were martyred for their faith, to see where Jesus performed miracles, where he challenged the disciples, where He was born, lived, died, and rose again. I can not wait to see how the Lord moves in our lives while we are there.... T minus 9 days.

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome; I'm a bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sooo jealous!!! i cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on your survival kit. I'll get it to you as soon as I figure out how to fold up the life raft! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! what an amazing opportunity!

    laura d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Candace! I know it will be such a memorable trip. Sunday night Bro. Steve said that after years of him and Donna praying for their son to turn back to the Lord, it happened while he was in the Holy Land. I will pray that you will hear God's still small voice while you're there in a personal way that you will remember for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And wouldn't it be sooooo special to conceive a baby in the Holy Land?!? No pressure, sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mom... too much... this is a G rated blog.

    ReplyDelete