About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, May 3, 2010

Cinco de Mayo is coming....


Ok, I know Cinco de Mayo is a holiday that most Americans don't celebrate unless you are from Mexico.... however the ladies that I work with decided that we are having our first annual Cinco de Mayo lunch celebration on Wednesday......... a.k.a. A good excuse to eat some Mexican food!

I provided a sign-up sheet and decided that I would fix whatever no one else wanted to. I just listed 2 entrees, 3 sides, and 2 desserts. One person signed up for one of the entrees, but no one seemed brave enough to attempt the other entree so I decided I'd be a trooper and make something.

Just a side note... D and I love Mexican food. In fact, a lot of what I make at home is mexicanishy... yes, I think I just made that word up.

So I need your help! I'm looking for a really good new recipe for Wednesday. So if you have an excellent Mexican entree recipe please send it my way. Now as a fair warning...if it has weird ingredients then I won't even attempt it. So please offer recipes that are easy and that I can pronounce. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I have a Mexican Lasagne recipe...it's kinda long but if you're interested, facebook me and I'll give it to you. It's super good! P.S. Even though it has a lot of ingredients, it's not hard to make and the ingredients are easy.
    = ). I also have a Chicken Enchiladas recipe, but that doesn't make a lot of the Lasagna makes enough to feed a/b 12. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo... mexican lasagne sounds good... I was just gonna mention some chicken tamales or enchiladas :) they are always yummy... or go easy and make some quesadillas... those are always easy and good!

    I love Mexican food too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Rachel Bishop's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas recipe if you want it. It's always good and very easy to make. I know D likes it, too, although you might need to run an extra mile or two if you use the rich whipping cream that it calls for. :)

    ReplyDelete