About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A school day with the sister

Today, my sister decided to come to school with me. She is getting her degree in Early Childhood Education just like I did. I thought it would be a good idea for her to come to school with me so I could go over the ins and outs of being a teacher and managing a classroom. You know... show her things that have been helpful to me that you don't learn until you're in your own classroom.

We had a full morning of leaning activities, recess, lunch, and of course nap time. After showing her a few things, I began to get lesson plans ready for next week. Before I knew it, sister had spread herself on the floor by my desk (the floor is at least carpeted) and she fell asleep. Now I'm not talking simply resting her eyes. She was body twitching...dead out. I guess we wore her out! Hopefully she can now appreciate why I go to bed fairly early every night.

So sister... I so enjoyed having you in my classroom today. You will be a great teacher. I am jealous you got a nap and I didn't though. Hopefully our stir crazy kids haven't made you change your mind about going into education. It really is a lot of fun. Even nap time...as you now know.

3 comments:

  1. you should have posted the pic you took of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took it with my phone and I can't upload those. :( It was too funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well K4 is rough and probably not for this soon to be teacher. it takes very special people to do it!! so i applaud you and your sweet teacher friends that do it! and that may have been the best nap i've had it a long time!

    ReplyDelete