About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, May 14, 2010

oh what a day

Oh what a day for sure. It all started when I was sitting at my desk having one of my students read to me out of their reading circle books. All of sudden I heard our fire alarm going off. I knew we were having a fire drill this morning, but I lost all track of time. Normally, I'm at the door ready with my emergency folder so when the alarm sounds, I can calmly tell my kids to line up.... otherwise it can turn into sob-fest 2010. Instead, this morning, I'm running toward the door trying to find my folder, yelling for my kids to line up and pushing them out the door. On top of this craziness we have to walk all the way around the building to get to our meeting spot. So after I get my kids out our emergency door and make sure they are all there, I realized that the alarm had been blaring for quite some time..... therefore we had to book it around the building to get to our spot. So the cars driving on 64 probably thought we had a real fire and were running for our lives. By the time we got to our meeting spot I was breathing hard and almost in a sweat. My kids thought it was funny...thankfully... I hadn't terrified them. We were then prepared for our tornado and earthquake drill that followed.


Is it summer yet?

Oh yea.... only 2 weeks. I can make it.


This morning I got a funny email from one of my parents. She explained to me that this morning her little girl was looking at a bird's nest with a baby bird inside. When it was time to go she said, "Bye baby bird, bye momma bird, bye Holy Spirit." Yep can't forget that Holy Spirit. Where this came from...I have no idea. Maybe because she was saying it in 3's? When we talk about the trinity we say in a very sing songy voice "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit." This is also coming from the same sweetness that said that God would give her invisible powers when monsters are around. Yep, that baptist school theology is something else.

1 comment: