About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Candy Makin'



For as long as I can remember my grandmother has made delicious candy around Christmas time. Peanut brittle, peanut butter balls, white trash, fudge, peanut butter fudge.... I could go on and on. The last several years we have taken some time out of the craziness of the season to go and spend a few hours helping her.... and by helping I mean we end up eating our weight in the the already made candy she has out.



Thankfully over the years we have learned a thing or two from our very domestic Granny. D is very appreciative. I have really come to love and enjoy cooking and baking. I know it all began with her. I by no means have perfected the art, but I do love making a mess in the kitchen.

Last night was our candy makin' night. And boy did we. There were a couple of batches of peanut brittle, choc. covered peanut brittle, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter balls, and oreo truffles. This is always a fun time to spend with the ladies I love so much. My sister always provides enough entertainment to keep us laughing. Most of which comes at my expense.... Not to mention she almost scalded my hand off. I guess I'll forgive her.








1 comment: