About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve, Eve

I'm now on day #2 of Christmas break and am enjoying every minute of it. I have been able to sleep late... and by that I mean I haven't been setting my alarm. Don't worry I was wide awake at 7:50 yesterday. I guess I should be appreciative. I'm normally up around 6:00.

I remember the days where I could easily sleep until lunch. Those days are long gone. Getting up early has proven to be not so bad after all. Yesterday I had my coffee, breakfast, quiet time, watched 2 DVR-ed shows, cleaned out 2 closets, vacuumed the upstairs, ran on the treadmill, showered and dressed all before lunch. Don't worry though. I did relax. I had El Nopal with one of my long, lost Texans, then pedicures, then a nap.

"Pick your color." Is such a hard thing for me. I can never decide. However yesterday it was a no brainer. I'm tired of using the same colors over and over so I branched out. Sorry, mom. I know you probably hate it, but its winter and no one will really see my feet. I'm loving it though.



Here are a few pictures of the closet cleaning process. For those of you who know us.... you know our home is normally very neat....remember I live with an adorable Mr. Clean. Well, I opened the door to this closet and realized we had a "Monica closet." (Gasp here....)





This is all the junk now out of the closet as I attempt to reorganize.







Done. Gift bags and boxes on top. Random decor on shelves. Tissue paper and little boxes in baskets on the floor. The container under the baskets is filled with random gifts that are ready to be wrapped and given away.



Today's agenda is to begin packing for our ski trip. How do you pack for a ski trip in a normal suitcase?! Everything you need for snow is huge and puffy! Maybe I'll think it over while I go to the movies with a friend and then shopping. Yep, I think that'll help. Christmas break.... I heart you.

2 comments:

  1. Is that OPI's Ski Teal We Drop? Saw it and wanted to try it! Will have to try it in January!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job organizing! Have fun on your trip!,

    ReplyDelete