About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Happies

My friend, Melissa, was talking the other day about what she does for her neighbors for Christmas. I truly believe we have a great ministry opportunity with our neighbors. I try and get them a little "happy" every season. I was trying to decide what I wanted to do for them for this Christmas. My friend Rhonda began telling me about this idea she saw on this site. Though its cheesy...wait I'm a jr. kindergarten teacher...cheese is my middle name.... so once I saw this idea I was so on board.




So these were the "happies" my neighbors received... Sprite and Oreo Truffles.



Then our youth and recreation committee members got dipped twizzlers rolled in sprinkles. (I forgot to take a picture of those, but they were suuuuper cute and easy!)
I didn't attach the note, but I did tell them, "Twizz the season to be jolly."

This is the idea except I used white almond bark and lots of colored sprinkles. I bundled them in groups of 5 and put them in cute little clear bags. I convinced Mom to tie cute little tulle bows as the finishing touch.



When I told D about all of this, he just laughed. Then he realized I was serious. He just smiled and shook his head at his very kindergarten-y kindergarten teacher wife.

Regardless of the cheese, my happies turned out adorable and the recipients loved them. I think its important to do a little something for the people that mean a lot to you... or people like your neighbors whom you may not even know. You don't have to spend a lot of money to show them that you care. Its a great way to show God's love in a practical way. Although you may choose to do something less cheesy... I like to think that anything is better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. I love them in all their cheesy glory! I would so give something like this :) thanks for the ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete