About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, December 13, 2010

One Year Bible

At the beginning of the year I told you that we were challenging our youth (and ourselves) with the One Year Bible. Now I will admit there have been days that I have missed, but overall I am so glad I accepted this challenge...not only for this year, but after seeing how do-able this is, I plan to do it every year now. This is an easy way to stay in the word. Everything is laid out for you. If you're looking for a good one, I do recommend this one. Its an easy read. Some prefer the chronological bible. I may do that one time, but if you're just trying to get your feet wet this is the one to do. It gives you old testament, new testament, psalms, and proverbs every day. Its also the New Living Translation. I have seriously loved it!

We have come to Revelation now. A book that I'll be honest enough to say I've never desired to jump right into. Today's reading, though I've read it before, literally sent chills up my arms.

Revelation 4:8-11

"Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty -- the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come."

9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne, the one who lives forever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one who lives forever and ever. And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

11
"You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created."

1 comment:

  1. I have also determined to read through the Bible EVERY year! What once seemed impossible is now do-able.

    ReplyDelete