About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Favorites

Ashley gave me a great idea. She began posting about her favorite Christmas things. Christmas is my favorite time of year so I have a ton of favorites!


10. Our tree. I love it. We bought it with Macy's credit our first Christmas. I love the decorations even though D claims that the lime green, hot pink, purple, and teal ornaments are not Christmas-y. I respond, "Who cares they're so cute!" We seriously have this same conversation every year. And now thanks to Michelle I will have 2 of these ornaments. D's exact words when I put this on the tree, "That seriously makes me throw up a little."





9. Our fireplace. Though its not really a Christmas thing, I think it should still fall under this category. I love coming home and turning everything on including the fireplace. I feel like it completes the Christmas ambiance.






8. Christmas on the River. Thank you 104.5 for being our official Christmas station. Even though D has a love/hate relationship with you, I will always listen to your non-stop Christmas music. You really are in the background for all my Christmas baking and shopping.





7. Shopping. I loooooove Christmas shopping. I love searching for the right gifts for the people I love. And thankfully this year I got a great jump start.


6. Peppermint Mocha. Starbucks you really did create for me Christmas in a cup.





5. My table centerpiece. Its simply a gorgeous, unique glass bowl that we got for a wedding gift filled with dull, shiny, and glittery ornaments of every color (yes lime green, pink, teal, and purple are in there too!)





4. Christmas card holder. Julsie gave me the idea. String a strand of white lights around a door frame. We chose our back door because its in a central location. Then we take clothe pins and use them to clip our Christmas cards to the strands of lights. I guess you could use any time of clip, but those were cheap so that's what we chose.





3. Christmas lights. I love looking at Christmas lights. We grew up having pajama rides during Christmas time. Pajamas, blankets, hot chocolate, warm van, Christmas music on the radio and Christmas lights. Such a fun tradition. We still do it just not in pajamas. In fact we crammed all four of us (Kacie, Jeremy, D and I) into the backseat of mom's explorer one year. Good times.






2. Family. I love my family. Both sides...a ton. I will admit with busy schedules I wish we could see everyone more often, but Christmas time especially makes me love them more. Shopping for them, baking for them, and of course our annual Burbee/Jerkins Christmas Party is quickly upon us.

1. I have 3 "things" that are ranking as my number 1 favorite purchase of this season.

1a. Target Dollar Spot wrapping paper. I love the size and the price. I will never buy normal paper ever again!



1b. Tulle. I bought this rather than ribbon and it definitely makes my packages pop. Its easy to tie and has now become one of my must haves for preparing for Christmas. I coordinated my lime green tulle with my red paper. The tulle really does pop.



1c. My Scentsy warmer. Though I can use it all year round, I currently have the scent Christmas Cottage melting away. My house seriously smells like a sweet, cinnamon-y Christmas. Even my Scrooge said it was his favorite thing I've bought.


No comments:

Post a Comment