About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, December 20, 2010

Saturday

Saturday was an exciting day for the Jerkins. First, D performed his first wedding. He did an amazing job. I knew he would though. He is truly a natural. I love to see people in their element... using their specific God given talents. Preaching, teaching, hitching... yea... its his element for sure.






Then that night we had our annual Burbee/Jerkins Christmas party. My dad fixed his famous french toast. It is amazing! 45 slices of french toast, 4 lbs. of bacon, and 2 bottles of syrup later we were all stuffed! His french toast is seriously my favorite food of all time.





The boys watched football and us girls played some games. We did a gift swap. Every lady was to bring a Christmas decoration of some kind that was $10 or less. This was genius because we all ended up with a new cute decoration for our home. Then we played a game I had bought awhile back. Its called, "What's Yours Like?" I know it sounds shady, but its really not. One person is the "guesser" and everyone else looks at one card. The card for example may say, "Spouse." Everyone then goes around and honestly describes "theirs." I said, "Mine is athletic." Jules said her was, "funny." So we go around the group and everyone describes theirs without giving too much away. The object is for the guesser to guess what the "thing" is with the least amount of clues. So once, the guesser guesses, they mark how many guesses it took and then it is the next person's turn to be the guesser. I highly recommend it!



It's been a fun, crazy Christmas season for us. This past Saturday was a great way to start our Christmas week.... a good wedding, good food, and great family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment