About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ten Things Thursday

10. Super Bowl Sunday update... way overdue!
Our pastor has been in the hospital so the Lord's Supper kept being postponed until they finally decided to reschedule it to what night? Oh yes, Super Bowl Sunday. Genius. D got to lead the night though and I must say, I know he is my hubs and I am very biased, but it was the sweetest, most worshipful Lord's Supper I have been apart of.

Afterwards we had students back to our house for a super bowl party!






I even had a sweet lap companion. I love how Hallie looks like she's going to kill someone and I look like a bug.




9. Memphis Union Mission
This is the third time we've taken a crew to the MUM. Our church does a great job of collecting men's clothing and toiletry items. I wish you could have seen all the bags we took. Our church van was loaded down. A great problem to have!

Going to the MUM is a great time to serve. It def. is a reminder of how truly blessed we are. We attend their worship service and then help serve lunch to the homeless men. This organization is doing some really great things. This is an experience thats not only great for our kids but for us too. Here's part of our crew.




8. Children's Museum
Last Tuesday, we took our students to the Children's Museum. I love field trips! I especially love field trips that get us out of our building that we've been cooped up in for months b/c of the cold winter days! This trip comes at the perfect time. Here was my buddy for the day, Camryn. I think its safe to say she had a great time!








7. Valentines Candy
I am in love with these...dead gummit.


Ok... really I only like the orange cream and cherry cream... I throw the rest away. Literally, I opened all the boxes and found the ones I wanted and put them in a ziploc. The rest I threw away. I am allowing myself one a day otherwise I'll eat them all!




6. Thirty- One
My sweet friend Heather sent me a little happy... this adorable lunch tote from Thirty-One! I am loving it.




5. Survivor
So happy Survivor is back! And so thankful for my DVR so I can watch it!




4. Valentines Date
So thankful for this man.




We spent part of the time planning for our Valentine's edition of FUSION.




3. Valentine's FUSION
Last night D and I spoke together about dating and relationships. We thought it was fitting coming 2 days off of Valentine's. We started out by sharing our story and of course showed several of those embarrassing pictures of us at 16.






We wanted our students to be challenged and also understand the true purpose of dating. Sadly, the way our world currently does it is just divorce practice. Hopefully we opened their eyes a bit.


2. Come on Spring!
This weather has been so nice! A teaching friend of mine posted on FB that this weather was her teaching enemy. I think she's crazy! This weather is an answer to prayer! My kids need fresh air.





1. DNOW



This weekend is our DNOW. So excited to spend a weekend with our kids and be challenged by the word of God! We're praying that God will speak mightily through our speakers and that lives will be changed!

2 comments:

  1. mags has that same lunch bag! cute for a 5 yr old and for an 20 something ;)
    and that is a terrible pic of my sweet halsie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it just means me and mags have good taste! And agreed... its not Halsie nor my most flattering picture!

    ReplyDelete