About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

There is so much mixed emotion about this holiday. D, for one, hates it. To his dismay, I love it. He thinks its just another way for people to make money. To that, I would agree. He thinks that you shouldn't have one day devoted to love. It should be a daily thing. Again... So true.

I just think there's something special about this holiday. I like that whether you love it or hate it.... you have to deal with it. You are forced to embrace this Americanized, money making holiday that oozes cheesy romance. I love the tiny hearts full of chocolate and thanks to my students I have at least 10 of them! I love that you have to go early for dinner or call and get reservations... thanks babe for taking care of that! I love that I have shared the last 10 Valentine's days with the same smelly boy. I love that even now when he wears Ralph Lauren Romance it makes me think that we're 16 again going out on a date. I love that to this day still one of my favorite things to do is watch him play basketball. I love that the smell of peppermints reminds me of him b/c he use to keep one in his mouth constantly. I love that he knows how much I love Valentine's candy, but knew not to buy me any this year. I love that even though he hates this holiday he still chooses to make it special for this Valentine loving girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment